Construction Leading Hand
Job Type: Full time
WHO WE ARE
VEC Civil Engineering is a proud Tasmanian company, highly regarded for expertise in the design and construction of complex structures including bridge, road, rail and water infrastructure, civil construction, and steel and concrete fabrication.
We’re part of the Downer Group, and together with Downer we form a strong Tasmanian business based on the strength that comes from deep local knowledge and experience, combined with national scale and capability.
We’re growing our business and we’re looking for Construction Leading Hand to join the team in Ulverstone.
- Qualified with a Certificate III in any of the following disciplines; Carpentry, Form work, Concreting, or Steel Fixing
- Experience in heavy or civil industries (highly desirable)
- The ability to manage busy sites
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Coordination of supplies and materials
- Liaise with internal and external clients
- Manage and mentor apprentices to ensure quality and safety
- Support the Production Manager
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work with an energetic, highly skilled team
- Championing health and safety initiatives for all our employees
- Competitive remuneration under and Enterprise Agreement
For more information please contact Tisha Wiggins on 0487 106 596. Contact details are provided only to request further information.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.