SAED Project Engineer
Location: Dandenong South, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer is a leading provider of end-to-end Technology & Communications service solutions. Our wireless line of business offers capability across Project Management, RAN design, SAED, construction and integration services for our customers across both Carrier and Critical Communications networks.
Due to new projects and increasing volumes in our National wireless telecommunications programs Downer has opportunities for experienced telco SAED Engineers to join our team in Melbourne or Sydney but open to other locations for the right candidate.
Your primary responsibility will be to complete design activities for mobile base station facilities from feasibility to detailed design stage by ensuring all tasks are completed in compliance with client design requirements, Australian Standards and relevant legislative requirements.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop site design solutions, complete For Construction drawings and Bill of Materials
- Prepare Detail design of equipment mounts, selection of headframes and structures for structural engineering certification by Principal engineers
- Collaborate with Structural, Electrical, RF, TX, and Deployment Engineers to effectively coordinate and prepare all elements of preliminary and detailed designs.
- Manage 3rd party engineering consultants to complete Geo-tech, site surveys, structural analysis, PVAs & Level 3 network design.
- Ensure that project activities are completed “Right First Time” and where required drive continuous improvement
- Mentor and train other SAED Engineers
- Undertake quality assurance processes and implement safety in design review back into the detailed design.
- Ability to undertake site inspections and capture all relevant site data & to identify site hazards
- Several years’ experience working as a Design Engineer on large scale mobile telecommunications project
- Thorough understanding of the design of telecommunications facilities including 'safety in design' principles and practices
- Ability to plan and manage delivery of concurrent sites
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, able to cope with change and ad-hoc requests.
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team and engage with client
WHAT WE OFFER
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment with multiple customers with long term contracts
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker – Recruitment & Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.