OSM Maintenance Service Person
Job Type: Full time
Downer Open Space Management have a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks Maintenance/Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the delivery of a wide variety of OSM services to clients by maintaining designated areas including but not limited to facilities cleaning, refuse collection, weed-eating, mowing, spraying assisting with turf maintenance and other duties that are necessary to fulfil Downer’s commitments to its customers.
This is a role that gets you out and about working in a beautiful environment, providing great facilities, parks, and reserves for the public to enjoy. You may also be required to work on weekends and public holidays.
A bit about you:
Ideally, you will have the following:
- Practical experience in the Parks and Reserves maintenance industry preferable
- Class 1 Drivers Licence, Class 2 and WTR an advantage
- Grow Safe Certificate an advantage
- Ability to plan daily works, operate and maintain machinery without supervision
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Customer Service Skills
What’s on offer:
- A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills
- We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture
- Be part of a great team
- Work in a collaborative environment
- We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry
- A competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 596657 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.