Location: Dandenong South, Preston
Job Type: Full time
Downer Rail & Transit Systems is a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rollingstock across Australia. RTS is currently seeking applications for experienced Trade Assistants to join our team in East Preston- VIC on a 12 months full-time fixed-term contract .
Our Trade Assistants play a pivotal role in ensuring our Tradespeople can focus on their duties in the assembly and overhaul of new and refurbished rollingstock.
This is an opportunity for you to work on iconic rollingstock projects with a high-performance team. We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Work unsupervised and within a team environment
- Ambitious, energetic and flexible attitude essential
- Actively promote exceptional teamwork and participation
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and forward-thinking
- Influence, motivate and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Continuing commitment to a Zero Harm workplace
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a trade environment
- Excellent housekeeping
- Assist our tradespeople to optimise the work they do
- Sound understanding of quality control in a rail or similar manufacturing environment
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Work on key rollingstock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
For more information regarding this position please contact Sonya Chandra– Talent & Sourcing Business Partner Email: Sonya.Chandra@downergroup.com
- Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
- Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening