Automation Systems Engineer
Location: Bay Of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
About Downer Auto mation
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer Automation is the EICA delivery arm of Downer New Zealand. We are in the growth phase of building capacity and capability on the back of number of very large contract wins in Water, Utilities, IOT and EICA sectors. This team has been built on being New Zealand’s largest provider of Water Services, Electrical, Automation, Radio, Telemetry and IOT services and a recognised industry leader. We are using this base to continue to grow. We use a full suite of products to create innovative solutions providing high-quality services to our clients.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Project Manager you will assist in the delivery of small and medium Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation projects within various industries for DNZ and its customers.
You will provide direct Control Systems Engineering of EICA activities in these projects which would include assisting with Design, Project Management, Planning, Procurement, Programming, Commissioning and Documentation of water and wastewater electrical assets and utilities assets.
- Must hold either an electrical trade certificate (current electrical licence NZ or AUS) or a tertiary qualification in electrical engineering.
- Be a recognised system engineer with the ability to program SCADA, HMI’s, RTU’s and PLC’s from numerous manufacturers
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience of Electrical, Instrumentation or Automation in an Industrial environment.
- Understanding of Electrical design
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NZ 3910 and other forms of contract
- Experience with sub-contractor agreements and responsibilities
- Ability to read, understand and ensure contract specifications and contract requirements are fully implemented
- Detailed understanding of the principles of PLC, RTU’s, HMI programming and SCADA systems.
- Understanding of Schneider, Siemens, King Fisher and Rockwell products.
- Understanding of variations and the situations where they may apply
- Experience in preparing valuations of additional works
- Acknowledged client management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize duties
- Competency in IT systems and applications (Microsoft projects etc)
- Current NZ driving license
- Technically “savvy” and keen to adopt new technologies and applications.
- Radio systems, configuration and interfacing of these to RTU’s and SCADA systems.
- Proactive and outcomes focused. This role demands an individual who will take the initiative and move the projects from conception to delivery.
Willing to travel and work away intermittently
What we offer:
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
Perks & Benefits
Match your loyalty, excitement and passion for high quality service with ours and we will reward you with a competitive remuneration, extensive training and development to help you to enhance your skills, advance your career along with great employee benefits too!
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 596127 to apply.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
- Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.