Senior Recruitment Advisor
Job Type: Full time
At Downer we are committed to building strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions, all delivered through great people. To ensure we continue to deliver talent into the business, we have created new roles to add more expertise into our established, high performing team.
The Senior Recruitment Advisor is a senior role, responsible for providing end to end recruitment nationally for senior vacancies across one of our portfolios within the Utilities business. You will also be accountable for talent attraction using bespoke, fit-for-purpose sourcing strategies and overall recruitment delivery nationally. You’ll do this across a multitude of channels to attract and create talent pipelines for the organisation, through identifying and implementing innovative talent acquisition strategies and tactics to enable strong recruitment delivery and support business performance outcomes while building strong relationships.
Additionally, this person will be responsible for leading coaching and mentoring a Recruitment Advisor, managing workloads and ensuring best practice and desired outcomes are achieved for the business. To set this role up for success, the day-to-day recruitment this role will manage will be 60% of the role, managing salaried and senior roles across the portfolio.
This role would suit an experienced recruitment professional with developing leadership experience who is looking to work within a progressive, forward-thinking team. As part of your role, you will work collaboratively with the wider recruitment team around process improvements and efficiencies, talent sharing and future forward recruitment practices.
We are looking to speak with high achievers who enjoy working at pace and have initiative and drive. You’ll be a natural when it comes to building strong relationships with everyone you interact with and will have proven experience leading a team. You’ll have a strong recruitment background, ideally 3-5 years’ experience, ideally within an in-house recruitment function, but we are also open to agency experience. You will enjoy thinking outside the square around attracting candidates and have good awareness around sourcing channels, including experience with search. Good system skills, high attention to detail and ability to follow processes and procedures will also be key qualities we will be seeking, along with a passion to deliver a great experience to our customers. Your communication skills, both written and verbal will be excellent.
What Difference can Downer offer you?
Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large organisation. Our benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work - trust us when we say we’ve got you covered. Here’s just a brief insight into some of the many things we can offer you:
- Conveniently located offices in Ellerslie with free (& safe) parking, two fab cafés nearby and free gym onsite
- An employee recognition programme which celebrates and recognises ($$$) our people for the value they bring
- A dedicated personal development plan and over 50 Training Programs including Leadership Pathways (we are big on internal progression)
- A competitive remuneration package & a flexible working policy which allows work to work for you
- A comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners - you will receive a great range of corporate discounts and benefits across banking, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, gym memberships and more!
- We also encourage our people to participate in community volunteering initiatives and pay for the time you spend helping to make our community better with Downer's volunteer leave!
You will love being a part of the Downer whanau! Come and see for yourself what makes us different, as we continue to build our future – literally!
These opportunities do not come up very often, so do not delay apply online www.downercareers.co.nz quote reference #596609.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.