Job Type: Full time
Downer is a leading manufacturer and supplier of bitumen-based products and an innovator in the sustainable asphalt industry and circular economy, using recycled products and environmentally sustainable methods to produce asphalt.
An opportunity has become available for an Asphalt Superviso r to join our surfacing team in Wodonga VIC . This role is responsible for the management and delivery of projects, and maintenance works of varying sizes. Reporting to the Asphalt Manager, you will be accountable to lead and coordinate personnel, while managing the plant, suppliers and resources to complete project and maintenance works on time, on budget and achieve Downer's Zero Harm.
What you’ll bring
You will have previous experience with managing all aspects of supervising an asphalt project including; knowledge of the commercial and contract scope; understanding progress, productivity and performance measurements; building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and;
- Exposure in civil road construction, road maintenance and surfacing industry
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities; improvements and solutions
- Recognised ability to lead & drive accountability throughout the workforce
- Demonstrated ability with building relationships with key stakeholders
- Lead by example and continually promote relevant aspects of Zero Harm when engaging with operational teams
What’s on offer
- Excellent salary + tool of trade vehicle + allowances
- Training and Development to support your career with us
- Championing Health & Safety initiatives for all our employees and visitors
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
At Downer, our approach to diversity is what sets us apart. Our people can be their best by bringing their most authentic selves to work every day. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on "Apply" and submit your application. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact: Samantha Temple – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner E: Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com