Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Melbourne Water Safety Focused Performance Joint Venture are seeking to appoint a Junior Engineer in a full-time capacity based at our JV Head Office on Adderley Street, West Melbourne.
Please note, this opportunity is a 2-year Fixed Term contract with high probability of long-term work within Downer.
Reporting into the Project Manager, the Junior Engineer will assist with operational functions with various technical and contractual requirements on project sights, ensuring administrative activities are completed accurately as well as developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Organise site resources, order material & raise purchase orders.
- Attend meetings & communicate programme changes with the client.
- Record site measurements & communicate with the client.
- Identity labour & equipment resource requirements to satisfy operational demands.
- Ad hoc & additional duties as directed by the Project Manager.
- Communicate effectively with internal & external customers & stakeholders.
- Assist with generating reports (i.e. project control & month-end reporting), including analysing & interpreting data.
- Tertiary Engineering qualifications are required - recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Intermediate level Excel skills.
- Organised with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy & efficiency.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail & active listening skills.
- Goal focused, highly motivated & the willingness to learn.
- A desire to work within the construction industry on a diverse range of projects.
- Opportunity to take on a new challenge & kick start your career in Engineering.
- Competitive remuneration & Downer benefits.
- Supportive and dynamic team environment with a focus on development.
- Autonomy and encouragement from the Senior Leadership Team.
- Be part of something meaningful! We are servicing, maintaining and installing critical infrastructure to the community and have a lot of pride in our work.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for this great opportunity by visiting careers.downeredi.com or clicking 'apply' below.
For further information contact:
Ainsley Parmenter | Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner | email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.