Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high-calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
With business growth and success, we are looking for a Works Coordinator to join our New Plymouth team. You will ensure the effective running of our projects by providing a wide range of administrative functions.
A bit about your role:
The Works Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of traffic management plans, service plans and permits and HSE Permitting. You will assist with the production of work schedules for the efficient utilisation of resources, both internal and external. Building and maintaining strong client relationships is paramount. Some of your key duties will include;
- Facilitate Traffic Management Plans for both internal and external parties
- Coordinating and integrating multiple activities across multiple functional areas and stakeholders
- Ensuring that scheduling, cost, scope, quality, resource and risk constraints are managed effectively to provide the best possible outcome
- Communicating effectively with Stakeholders, clients and suppliers, both internal and external, to produce required outcomes.
- Actively seeking improvement opportunities to increase value, client satisfaction and Downer’s overall company standing.
A bit about you;
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Very organised, methodical and accurate
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with a proactive, flexible and adaptable attitude
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of your role
- Solid problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Nurture a strong culture of Zero Harm
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
Apply online now by clicking the ‘apply’ button. Or go to www.downercareers.co.nz reference 597674.
Downer is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.