Assistant Company Secretary - Group
Location: North Ryde, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure, and facilities.
Based in North Ryde , the Assistant Company Secretary supports the Company Secretary and Deputy Company Secretary to ensure that Downer EDI Limited, its subsidiaries and joint venture boards comply with ASX Listing rules, the Corporations Act, and other legislation and regulatory requirements (as applicable) their governing documents and Downer’s policies and procedures including the Corporate Governance framework and culture of the wider Downer group.
- Responsible for maintaining various corporate registers including subsidiary corporate registers, securities trading, political donations, other directorships, gifts and benefits, as required.
- Maintain legal entity charts and data.
- Manage entity compliance and lodgement obligations.
- Manage execution and processing documents as required.
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of Board and Group charters, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with the development of and facilitate governance related training and communication materials.
- Develop and maintain the Company Secretariat intranet site.
- Provide governance advice and support to Downer business units, for example:
- Support Treasury with the preparation of Board papers, approvals, minutes and other documentary requirements.
- Work with Finance in respect of the lodgement of subsidiary statutory accounts with relevant regulators, including preparation of approvals, minutes and other documentary requirements.
- Work with business units in respect of bid and tender queries including the completion of questionnaires and tailored organisational chart extracts.
- Work with business units in respect of acquisitions, disposals and liquidations.
- Support the Company Secretary and Deputy Company Secretary with management of the Share Registry and Employee Share Plans as required.
- Responsible for the financial reporting verification process including assisting with listed company matters as required, annual report disclosures, annual general meeting materials, dividends and adhoc projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for systems and portal maintenance to ensure appropriate governance across all entities in the group, including but not limited to regulatory portals and entity management software.
- Monitor and maintain Secretariat correspondence and enquiries, including processing of payments, as required.
- Provide support to the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, Company Secretary, Deputy Company Secretary as required, and perform such duties as may be reasonably required by the company from time to time.
- Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Commerce suitable but not essential
- Corporate Governance qualification or intention to complete strongly preferred
- 3 plus years’ experience in a governance environment
- Competent with technology and systems
- Knowledge of legal terms
- Highly organised, with an ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong drive for results
- Flexible and adaptable
- Pragmatic with a high level of professional judgement and discretion
- Ability to cope with a heavy workload and time pressures
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of stakeholders at a wide range of levels, including with senior executive management and directors
- Strong attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about this position please contact CJ Holder –Sourcing and Recruitment Business Partner email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on the “Apply Now” button.
Please note: Applications will not be accepted via email.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES