Driver Operator - Roller & Broom Operator Sealing (Auckland)
Job Type: Full time
Downer, operating throughout Australia and New Zealand is one of the biggest construction companies employing over 6500 people in New Zealand alone. Transport is the Roading section of the business which holds many of the country’s key maintenance contracts and NOC contracts as well as completing major projects within New Zealand and overseas.
We have multiple Roller & Broom Operator roles based in our Great South Road depot for experienced people with Wheels Track and Roller (WTR) experience to join our team. You will work as part of a crew in our road sealing team carrying out upgrades throughout Auckland.
About the role:
The successful applicant will be employed as an Operator working on a number of high-profile projects in the region. Within this role you will assist in the delivery of sealing operations, aiding the delivery of contract requirements, optimisation of resource use, achieving target results as well as working closely with internal and external teams.
To be considered for this role you will need to have extensive civil experience and be able to obtain the or have relevant licenses. You will be able to operate other equipment, be a team player, and have good problem-solving skills.
If you want a career that is both rewarding and challenging and provides good development opportunities this is the role for you. As an employee of Downers, you will be part of a team that is making a difference in New Zealand developing legacies for future generations.
This role provides the opportunity for you to take charge of a key component of our operational work, and produce positive results by making informed decisions and using your experience and organisational skills. We run a 7 day a week, 24 hour operation so you can expect some night and weekend work; we will need the successful applicant to be flexible with availability.
You will have a proven track record operating milling machines across a variety of materials and locations, as well as:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of milling machine operation
- Knowledge of paving plant operation
- Able to undertake site measurement and operate with minimal supervision
- Provide solutions to unexpected events and promote a "continual improvement" philosophy;
- Strong problem-solving skills & initiative
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to drive projects and complete them within specified time frames
In return we offer:
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, and discounted access to over 150-holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking, and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of the trade you need to do your job.
How to apply:
If this role appeals to you and you tick most of the criteria above, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today! Apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 596265 or reach out to our recruitment team at Recruitment.Advice@downer.co.nz or call 0800877327 for more information.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.