Trainee Laboratory Technician
Job Type: Full time
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work in our Gosnells and Hope Valley laboratory. As a Trainee Field and Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for both collecting samples and testing them. This role would be well suited to someone with a high regard for safety, quality and flexibility.
- "C" Class License
- Willingness to learn.
- A good attitude and strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others.
- have a good understanding of basic mathematic concepts.
- Ability to lift Core samples can weigh up to 20kg.
- Ability to work night shift and weekend as needed.
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors.
- On the job training and upskilling
- Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
With your application, please ensure you attach a copy of your Resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact Tya Abdat – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.