Rail Plant Fitter
Location: Karratha, Somerton
Job Type: Full time
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities Nationally as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
An opportunity has become available for a Rail Plant Fitter / Electrical Fitter to join the National Rail Plant Business team based in Somerton, Victoria.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the role would see you in a hybrid capacity working in the workshop as well as attending to service repairs in the Field. You will ensure that the highest standard of plant reliability and availability is achieved, whilst maintaining Downer’s Safety and regulatory standards.
- Trade qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic/ Fitter/Electrical Fitter or Equivalent (essential)
- Experience working on heavy mobile equipment, trucks, Rail Plant including Tampers, Regulators, Flash Butt Welders and Hy Rail vehicles and small plant.
- Basic hydraulic knowledge
- Electrical experience
- Strong fault-finding skills and break down support
- A good attitude and strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- Able to work unsupervised and away from home
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Diverse, energetic and supportive workplace culture, where you are treated as a highly valued team member where your thoughts, innovation and ideas really do count.
- Develop and diversify your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Offering competitive benefits.
- We are operating across several different locations
- Permanent Full-Time Contracts.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage women and men of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application, please use the link and apply online , applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.