Senior Estimator - Transmission Lines
Location: Brisbane, Dandenong South, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
About the Job
As Downer continues on its evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our clients and catering to market demands.
The Utilities division of Downer is a leading delivery partner to owners of Renewables, gas, electricity, water, wastewater, and telecommunications assets.
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Transmission Line Estimator to join our Utilities division. The role will be accountable for managing the delivery of 1st Principal Estimates and to provide expert advice on the evaluation of subcontractor tenders, new techniques and cost trends. We're seeking a subject-matter-expert who can demonstrate a high level of initiative and drive, while continuously seeking ways to improve the company's competitive edge.
- Degree qualified in engineering discipline or equivalent trade knowledge from transmission line construction.
- 10 + years' experience gained within a multi-disciplined environment.
- Extensive experience in producing estimates for the design and construction of transmission lines.
- Knowledge and experience of estimating, project management, contract law, marketing and client liaison.
- Familiarity with engineering disciplines and experience with a variety of forms of contract including partnering and alliancing.
- Familiarity with Estimating software
- Commercial skills and understanding of financial administration and project costing.
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building strong relationships with key stakeholders / team members.
- Interpretation and application of technical / contractual conditions and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to contribute to the development of financial budgets and business planning process.
- Experience in researching and understanding complex information to develop and implement tender solution.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence business solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Zero Harm.
- Proficient use of candy estimating software will be an advantage.
In return, Downer will offer you:
- Unique opportunities to work for an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment are at the forefront of all that we do.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team.
To apply, please click on “Apply” below and submit your resume. For more information about this position please contact Claire Venter – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Claire.Venter@downergroup.com