Finance Business Partner- Rail - Newport (Melbourne)
Location: Dandenong South, Melbourne, Southbank
Job Type: Full time
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company!
- Have management oversight of the commercial finance team
Downer employs over 53,000 employees in Australia and New Zealand as a leading provider of integrated services across diverse markets such as Rail, Transport, Telecommunications, Utilities, Renewables, Engineering, Construction, Industrial Services, Mining, Defence and a leading Facilities Management service provider in health, catering, and education.
We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
Our Rail & Transit Systems (RTS) business provides a range of end to end, innovative transport solutions including:
- Rolling Stock Design & Manufacture
- Rolling Stock System Integration
- Fleet Through Life Support Services
- Public Transport Operations
Some of our flagship projects include the New Generation Rolling Stock in Queensland, High Capacity Metro Trains in Victoria and the Sydney Growth Trains in New South Wales.
Your responsibilities include:
- Prepare budgets and ensure forecast processes are well supported
- Support the contract providing commercial acumen to solve issues as and when they arise
- Management of 2 staff members
- Maintain and review the “whole of life” (Forecast Cost to Complete) modelling for the contract, reporting on variance from the Forecast Margin and maintaining associated registers
- Assist with Alliance Partner payment expectations and monthly claims
- Produce internal financial reporting timetable to ensure timely review and delivery of all reporting requirements
- Prepare, analyse, and present operational monthly financial reports
- Develop and implement management reporting, in consultation with the Utilities Leadership Team
To be successful in this role, you will have or demonstrate
- Accounting Qualifications & Completion of/commenced CA or CPA
- Experience in a commercial organisation with a particular emphasis on Project Accounting
- Ability to provide full accounting support over the lifecycle of multiple projects
- Significant experience working as a Project Accountant in a business partnering or support function
- Extensive Business Partnering experience, providing support to business function with a solution based outlook; working with budgets, profit and loss, and working capital
- Exposure to complex Facilities Management contracts (advantageous)
- Strong customer service skills and the proven ability to develop, maintain and influence business relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders, partners and suppliers
- Ability to work independently and effectively under tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
Benefits and Culture
As an employee of Downer, you may benefit from a range of career support programs, wellbeing packages and financial benefits, available through us and our selected partners. These include:
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Salary sacrifice superannuation;
- Novated leasing;
- Banking discounts & offers;
- Discounted travel & accommodation;
- Discounted vehicle rentals;
- Offers and cash back on selected shopping portals;
- Discounts on technology products; and
- Exclusive offers on a range of vehicles.
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and promotes diversity and inclusion, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical, and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
HOW TO APPLY
Click “Apply Now”.
*** Due to volume, Applications will not be accepted by email
For further information on this role, please email: Bethany.Jones1@Downergroup.com noting the job number or role details: Title, location etc. (Please note salary bracket cannot be disclosed. Please include salary expectation in your email and I can advise whether it aligns to this role, or list on your application and I can consider you for another position with Downer- I recruit for all Finance roles.)
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES