Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Here in Dannevirke our team are looking for a Foreperson to join our crew as we carry out work in the region as we have recently secured major contracts! This is an exciting opportunity for you if you are looking for a change in career and are looking to take the next step.
What we offer:
- Very competitive pay rate, plus overtime with penal rates, company phone and vehicle included
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression for those who work hard and demonstrate willingness to learn
- Modern machinery
- A fun, welcoming team working in a positive atmosphere
About the role:
You’ll be leading your crew doing maintenance works on roading, pavements and drainage. This role comes with a variety of projects, so no two days will be the same. Reporting to the Supervisor, you’ll be setting up sites and running the team through general scopes of projects with a focus on safety and quality. You’ll have operational duties from operating machinery from wheeled excavators to general labouring duties. This ‘hands on’ role will require you to provide leadership by planning, providing direction and controlling activities whilst working alongside the team in the field!
Along with your civil experience as a Foreperson or Leading Hand there are a few essentials to what we are looking for, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you:
- You’ll hold a class 2 minimum full New Zealand Drivers licence with WTR endorsements
- A proven track record of operating an excavator to a high standard
- Commitment to safe workplace practises
- Clear communication skills with the ability to build rapport with stakeholders and easily chat with your crew
If you have experience in leading a team then we want to hear from you!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 579302 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.