Location: Cardiff, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer Rail & Transit Systems a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner to join our team in NSW – Cardiff . This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Rail & Transit Systems business provides a range of end to end, innovative transport solutions including:
- Rolling Stock Design & Manufacture
- Rolling Stock System Integration
- Fleet Through Life Support Services
- Public Transport Operations
Reporting into the Project Controls Manager the objective of the role is to, prepare schedules for current projects, lead teams to resolve issues and drive project timing/deliverables. Pivotal to this will be to oversee and ensure compliance to Downer Delivery Governance Framework across the projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Prepare plans and develop project schedules and related risks and opportunities for project works.
- Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 project management and scheduling software to meet planning requirements.
- Experience in CPM, Earned Value Management (EVM) and creating dashboards.
- Review subcontractors' programmes and other 3rd Party deliverables against the master Project Programmes and assess their impacts.
- Deal effectively and appropriately with subcontractors and team members to obtain “best for project” schedules and plans.
- Manage & coordinate project/ client as required and attend meetings on site/ with customers.
- Interface with project stakeholders and assess the effects of deviations from the project programme at the earliest possible time, for evaluation and action by Project and Construction Management.
- Monitor and provide Periodic reporting to Project/Executives/Customer.
- Experience in problem solving and resolving issues through team engagement.
- Manage broader team to achieve desired outcomes.
- High commitment to Safety in the project and workplace.
- Degree qualified, engineering or similar.
- Understanding of Business Processes and ability to drive outcome in a discussion.
- Operational experience ideally working on site with strong estimating and project management planning and procedures.
- Strong initiative, self-sufficiency with the ability to build effective relationships across the board.
- Credible experience meeting deadlines and ability to collaborate to achieve positive outcomes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that pushes your business skills into high gear as you work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most interesting and meaningful projects.
- A rare opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment with a structured career development plan
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, please contact Sonya Chandra – Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner Sonya.Chandra@downergroup.com Applications will NOT be accepted by email .
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
Please submit your application via the advertisement. No agency CV’s please.