Commercial Manager - UT NBC
Job Type: Full time
Downer Water Services is the leading provider of integrated water services in Australia and New Zealand. Currently, Downer undertakes multiple water and wastewater projects across Australia via alliances, joint ventures and partnerships. This business stream is seeking to appoint a Commercial Manager in a permanent, full-time position located in our Milton office.
This role is responsible and accountable for performing, coordinating and overseeing commercial and procurement activities in support of the of the business and assist Projects as necessary. The role will support the National Commercial Manager and Program Delivery Manager during pre-contract negotiations and project delivery by providing commercial support, reviewing contracts, providing leadership and managing procurement functions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Support tenders, bids and submissions by completing reviews and facilitating internal inputs for approvals, legal, insurance and treasury.
- Provide commercial support to Program teams including negotiating terms with subcontractors, managing customer relationships and appropriately managing the risk of the Programs in accordance with the terms of the head contract.
- Post contract award administration including interpreting and applying contract terms and legislative provisions to best manage commercial issues including variation management and extensions of time.
- Provide timely notice to the Program teams on critical milestone dates (e.g. insurance renewals, practical completion, defects periods).
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with the Program teams, including value for money and lessons learned processes to ensure ongoing efficient and effective Program delivery.
- Deliver Governance support to the Program delivery teams in keeping with the Downer Standard and any relevant contractual requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, business, law or a related discipline
- Contract management experience construction, infrastructure or resources
- Proven experience in the contract reviews, negotiation and the preparation of contracts and sound commercial advice
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to lead commercial aspects of a leading water construction company
- Work and lifestyle balance
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive environment
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for this great opportunity by visiting careers.downeredi.com or clicking 'apply' below.