Location: Auckland, Auckland
Job Type: Full time
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Overtime opportunities
- All the tools of trade and PPE you need to do your job
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Te Kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer holds a long-term Operations and Maintenance contract with Watercare Services. We are currently seeking a Wastewater Drainlayer to join our high performing team based in Albany and Henderson, Auckland. We are looking for preferably a registered Drainlayer but would also consider experience to join our team in delivering workmanship of the highest quality.
Your duties could include:
- Activities and operations related to the delivery of Wastewater and/or planned projects
- Optimising the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of these projects
- You will primarily be assisting and guiding our construction crews undertaking the planned works for wastewater but could be water + stormwater also.
- Providing support to crew, leading hands and Manager on a day-to-day basis with leading the development of water service apprentices.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will have a great attitude, reliable and hardworking and will bring with you:
- Ideally, you will hold a certificate in Drainlaying. However, consideration will be given to someone who has prior experience and is prepared to study or could be working through their qualifications.
- Previous experience in pipe laying in civil environments; including experience with butt welding, pipe bursting and electrofusion.
- Experience with measuring and setting out sites using Dumpy levels and Theodolites.
- A full driver's licence (Class 1). Having licence Classes 2-5 + W, T, R endorsements would be an added bonus.
- Great communication skills & be able to work well within a team
- Strong focus on Health and Safety and protection of the environment
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 596562 to apply.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.