Project Manager - Water Infrastructure
Location: Auckland, Auckland, Canterbury, Manawatu-Wanganui, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Competitive remuneration package plus company vehicle included
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te Kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer holds a long-term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. This involves the proactive management and delivery to the national portfolio of facilities including 15 prisons, 100 courts and 157 community correctional sites.
Reporting to the Water Infrastructure Project Lead, this newly created role will form part of our high-performance Project team who are focused on delivering outstanding project outcomes for the Department of Corrections and Ministry of Justice. You will be equal parts office based and site based, travelling nationally.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Proactive project delivery and management of outcomes for assigned opportunities
- Supporting site team to increase competency and capacity within the Water Infrastructure Programme
- Coordinating, peer reviewing (and undertake where appropriate) specifications, engineering, design, scoping, costing and quoting of projects works.
- Ensuring Downer achieves, at a minimum, the required gross margin through delivery efficiencies and cost reduction improvements
Nga Pūkenga Matua | Important Skills
To be successful in this exciting role you will offer:
- 3+ years of Project Management experience (background in water infrastructure preferred)
- Experience, skills and understanding of detailed aspects of business, including operations and finance
- Outstanding customer / people skills including communication (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management, strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Motivated, positive and outcome orientated with a "can do" attitude
- Seeks challenges and question status quo with a view for improvements, including processes, innovation and new technologies
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-facilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 597066.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.