Handy Person (Rimutaka)
Job Type: Full time
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Overtime opportunities
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Downer holds a long-term Asset and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. We are currently seeking a Registered/Certified Handy Person to join our high performing team in building maintenance based at Rimutaka Corrections Facility. While undertaking general maintenance and repairs of the facilities your duties will also include;
- Dealing with unexpected events and providing direction to work for teams
- Looking for opportunities for continuous improvement and providing solutions
- The undertaking of scheduled maintenance, first response, and reactive activities in order to mitigate disruption to the customer’s activities
- A hands-on role in completing work safely and meeting our client and the needs of the contract
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will be an ambitious and resilient handy person and will bring with you;
- 3-5 years’ experience working in trades
- Able to work unsupervised while providing safe and quality work
- A full class one Driver’s license and ability to drive a manual
- Physically fit and agile, able to carry out regular bending and lifting tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as tech savvy
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-facilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 597509.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.