Senior HR Advisor
Job Type: Full time
At Downer we are committed to building strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions, all delivered through great people.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior HR Advisor to join the Downer People & Culture team making a real difference for our successful Downer Utilities business.
The successful candidate will be based in our Ellerslie office in Auckland.
About the opportunity
Working within a team of HR professionals you will support the business on a day-to-day basis and provide quality HR advice and guidance that is in line with our policies and statutory requirements. The role supports line managers and supervisors requiring assistance with disciplinary matters, poor performance, employment related investigations, fitness for work and medical incapacity cases and many other things. You will also support our HR Business Partners with proactive and strategic HR initiatives and change management processes.
As an HR practitioner, you’ll have a solid understanding of NZ employment law and contracts, gained through a tertiary related qualification or significant practical experience in an HR role.
You will also bring with you:
- Strong relationship management skills, including building effective relationships with all levels of the company as well as effectively managing conflict
- The ability to influence and constructively challenge
- Strong organisational skills and processes, including being an experienced user of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. We use MS Teams and SharePoint online so proficiency with these tools is a must.
- A customer focus ethos including the ability to develop solutions for all stakeholders
- The adeptness to work in a complex environment, dealing with ambiguity and across functions
- A self-driven focus and be someone who can take the initiative in a fast paced and agile environment
- Experience working with collective employment agreements is beneficial but not essential.
What Difference can Downer offer you?
Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large organisation. We’ve created an empowering and inclusive culture where you can thrive and be recognized for the great work you do. Our benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work - trust us when we say we’ve got you covered. Here’s just a brief insight into some of the many things we can offer you:
- Conveniently located offices in Ellerslie with free (& safe) parking, two fab cafés nearby, free gym
- An employee recognition programme which celebrates and recognises ($$$) our people for the value they bring
- A dedicated personal development plan and a huge range of Training Programs including Leadership Pathways, Mental Health First Aid Training and plenty more
- A competitive remuneration package & a flexible working policy which allows work to work for you
- A comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners - you will receive a great range of corporate discounts and benefits across banking, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, gym memberships and more!
- We also encourage our people to participate in community volunteering initiatives and pay for the time you spend helping to make our community better with Downer's volunteer leave!
- We might be biased, but we truly believe our team is the best!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.