Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Consideration will be given to applicants from the surrounding regions
A bit about your role:
Your day to day tasks will include:
- Fabrication, Machining, Welding & general engineering. Repairs,
- Carry out maintenance and repairs of plant and equipment, completing required repair records and DJRs.
- Primary focus on Specialist Sprayer compliance during off season.
- When requested, respond to emergency calls and field servicing.
- Communicate proposed solutions for known or identified mechanical problems to the Supervisor effectively for resolution.
- Ability to stay away and work outside Central Otago area as required.
A bit about you:
The successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications and experience:
- This role is best suited to an individual that holds a relevant trade qualification and has the ability to undertake aspects of light engineering, manufacturing as and when required.
- Positive attitude to safety in the workplace
- Current Drivers’ License with relevant endorsements.
- Industrial mechanical maintenance experience, small engines knowledge an advantage.
- Have a desire to understand mechanical issues relating to specialised devices such as Specialist spraying equipment
- Be familiar with preventative maintenance regimes
- Ability to Communicate effectively
- Ability to plan jobs, operate and maintain equipment without supervision
- A willingness to learn new technology (computer skills an advantage)
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive, and results-orientated
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 597312 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible