Boiler Operator (Waiouru)
Location: Auckland, Manawatu-Wanganui
Job Type: Full time
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Spotless NZ (a Downer NZ company) is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Spotless, a Downer company, hold long term Facilities Management contracts with the New Zealand Defence force. This involves the facilities management and delivery to four defence sites - Linton and Waiouru Army Camps, Ohakea Air Force Base in the central North Island as well as Burnham Camp in the South Island. This contract underpins the provision of availability of facilities to support core Government services.
As a Boiler Operator, you will be working in a diverse military operational environment, often under high pressure and dealing with conflicting priorities for the needs of our multiple stakeholders. The position, therefore, requires the individual to plan, organize, and prioritize their work in order to meet strict deadlines and provide timely and accurate information to all stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for someone possessing both technical and all-round skills with experience over a wide range of related buildings, facilities, and services tasks. As part of a Maintenance team, you will become an integral part of our ability to provide continuity of service to meet the requirements of our clients.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
The role is responsible for the Boiler activity at designated sites as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor. The successful applicant must:
- Proven experience in managing boilers and associated assets
- Relevant trade/technical qualifications – National Cert Boiler Operation NZQA (level 3)
- Experience in planned preventative maintenance
- Be self-managing and able to work effectively in a team as well individually
- Be well organized and capable of multi-tasking
- Strong understanding of health and safety requirements
- Have a clean and current driver’s license
- Pass military and other related security clearance procedures
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-facilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 591568.
Spotless NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.