Job Type: Full time
- Join a growing organisation leading the way in digital transformation with current and emerging technology
- Experience investment in you; learning opportunities, experienced mentors, and accessible leadership
At xDNA, we reimagine your problems to find solutions that matter.
A Downer Group company, xDNA provides safe, sovereign, and secure managed solutions that critical infrastructure customers in Australia and New Zealand depend on. xDNA is ready to provide consistent and scalable support and assurance services wrapped around technical and intellectual solutions and people to help you continue to help build resilient capability and create success.
With projects ranging from 6 weeks to multi-year programs of work, xDNA helps customers plan, deliver, automate, optimise, and protect large and complex assets by leading the way with technology and innovation.
As a Data Engineer , you will be a member of the DNA Solutions implementation team. The role responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the architecture of xDNA’s data-driven solutions. This includes ensuring data is properly collected, stored, and organised for efficient querying and analysis that power our data driven solutions.
You will provide data engineering capability with the support of the Solutions Implementation Manager to develop robust data-driven solutions. It is expected that this role will lead the data engineering needs for projects directly or as part of a broader team depending on the size of the opportunity.
- Building and maintaining data pipelines for extracting, transforming, and loading data from various sources.
- Developing and maintaining data integration and data quality processes.
- Collaborating with data scientists and other stakeholders to understand data needs and design data systems that meet those needs.
- Developing and implementing security measures to protect sensitive data.
- Monitoring and improving performance of data systems.
Our work is complex and confidential, so there are some things you must have to fulfil this role:
- You must be an Australian Citizen and be prepared and eligible to undergo AGSVA security clearance vetting if required.
We’re also looking for several years’ experience in a similar role including experience:
- Connecting to, extract and troubleshoot REST, RESTful and storage APIs
- Design, implement and maintain ELT solutions using code-based and low-code programming solutions
- Design and analysis of algorithms to filter and organise structured and unstructured data including records, text, images, video, and audio
- Data modelling in SQL and NoSQL solutions and/or big data solutions such as Hadoop, Spark or Databricks
- Experience with distributed data analytics and optimisations
- Proficiency in Python programming
- Design, deploy and administer cloud-based data solutions in Microsoft Azure including, but not limited to Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Steaming Analytics
- Experience with Databricks is highly desirable
Most importantly, this role requires strong communication skills (written and verbal) and strong relationship skills to identify and develop solutions for stakeholders and clients.
At xDNA you’ll find a team that understand what matters. Flexibility, hybrid or remote working, accessible leadership and access to new technologies is just some of the reasons our people work for us. Our values keep us aligned and our growth strategy means you can expect big things in a career with xDNA.
- Teamwork - Be There For Each Other : The most successful high-performing teams have a common attribute. No matter how tough things are, they are always there to help the other members of the team.
- Integrity – We Do The Right Thing : Sometimes knowing what is right, is easy and then doing it is also usually easy. In a lot of cases, deciding what is right is complicated and doing it can be quite hard. Regardless of how difficult it is, we always strive to do the right thing (on balance) for Downer, our clients, and our people.
- Bias For Action – Progress Over Perfection : We aim for speed to value outcomes. Strategy and planning are important as an enabler for action, with the delivery of value being why we do what we do.
- Commerciality – We Are A Business : It is important for us to make good commercial decisions and to always to have commercial clarity between us and our partners and clients. This is as much for their benefit as it is for ours. It enables us to be able to do what we say we are going to do.
- Delivery Mindset – We Do What We Say We Are Going To Do : Our ongoing success will be driven by our reputation as a safe pair of hands that delivers on what we commit to.
Ready to join us? Apply for this position.
xDNA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.