Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) All Levels - Tauranga
Location: Bay Of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
Our Traffic Management division has a steady track record for delivering a high standard of care for our communities and for offering our people opportunities for growth. We are recruiting experienced and developing STMS professionals to join our whanau, deliver to project plans, and get home safely at the end of each day.
You will be confident leading toolbox and closure briefings with crew, whilst providing clear job details and expectations. You will ensure the accurate following of TM plans and oversee set up and pack down of road closures and diversions.
You’ll be a core member of the crew and willing to train and upskill our Traffic Controllers and junior STMS’. With the confidence to collaborate with your team and supervisors, you’ll collectively ensure the safety of the Downer crew, subbies, and the general public.
In return for your expertise in the Traffic Management realm, we commit to offering professional development through mentoring and on the job training.
Along with a valid STMS warrant (be it Cat A/B/C or Level 1/2/3), you will have leadership experience where you’ve held responsibility and accountability for staff and plant. You will take pride in your work, be a solid team player and like to have a good laugh! We’d really value:
- A Full Class 2 Drivers Licence
- Strong planning skills and the ability to deal with unexpected events and problem solve
- Demonstrated leadership strength with the ability to guide, coach, and empower others
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to articulate and demonstrate a thorough understanding of Zero Harm practices
- Have a “Can do Safely” Attitude
This is primarily a Monday – Friday, full time-permanent position based out of our Tauranga depot and involves occasional weekend and night work.
Benefits of joining team Downer:
Our top priority is our people - Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful, some of our perks include:
- Job security and a rewarding hourly rate in a friendly and professional environment
- Competitive pay with access to increased rates for night shift work
- Training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career
- Tools of trade provided including Downer uniform and all PPE gear provided
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts including subsidised health insurance, retail specials, vehicle rentals, banking offers, free counselling services + more!
Whether you’re a local to the Western Bay of Plenty or looking to settle down new roots, Tauranga has got it all including great beaches, bushwalks, exciting nightlife and a warm community feel. Talk to us about how we may be able to support you with relocating to our beauty of a town!
How to apply?
If you’re interested or know someone who might be - Simply head over to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference 597793 and apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.