SMC Team Leader
Job Type: Full time
About Downer Energy:
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country and connect every community in cities, rural heartland, and industry. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy and build a better Aotearoa.
This is a time of growth for us to add more value to our customers and opportunities for our people in the dynamic Energy sector. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
Leading our team of dedicated Dispatch Coordinators, you will be responsible for ensuring smooth running of our Service Management Centre. Based in New Plymouth, you will guide and support your team to provide effective and timely customer solutions.
As a 24/7 fault response for our client and key stakeholders you will ensure effective rosters are in place, the team are fully trained, and processes are efficient. Acting as an escalation point for issues you will have working knowledge of our network/service provision and actively coach your team to continually increase their capabilities and ensure KPIs and SLAs are met.
Offering a natural leadership style and strong customer service experience in a high call volume environment, you’ll be a proven multi-tasker able to react quickly to urgent requests whilst maintaining a positive and calm demeanour. Tenacity, resilience and a commitment to process improvement will be highly valued as well as an ability to develop effective relationships throughout the organisation to make things happen.
You will also demonstrate reporting and analysis skills along with a solutions focussed attitude, an ability to use computer systems to your advantage, and a driven approach to deliver results for our client, customer and our business.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. We offer you the opportunity to join our varied and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
Match your loyalty, excitement and passion for high quality service with ours and we will reward you with a competitive remuneration, extensive training and development to help you to enhance your skills, advance your career along with great employee benefits too!
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A fully subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘apply’. The reference number for this role is 597694.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.