Job Type: Full time
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
NEWest Alliance is a multidisciplinary collaboration between CPB Contractors and Downer, working with the Public Transport Authority to deliver two projects (Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link) as part of METRONET.
As a Junior Engineer reporting to the Interface Manager for Downer , based in Perth office , you will be part of a supportive and collaborative team of environment and sustainability professionals responsible for supporting our construction operations. We are seeking talented, motivated and enthusiastic professionals that are keen to progress their career on a one of Western Australia’s largest infrastructure projects.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure consistent and effective implementation of the Interface Management Plan project wide
- Establish a system for Contractor organizations and NEWest Alliance to coordinate their activities as required to effectively manage and organize physical interfaces per principles and requirements of NEWest Alliance
- Coordinate with Contractors to ensure the development of their Interface Management procedures and resolution of all Project interfaces.
- Review and endorse Contractors' plans/procedures.
- Ensure alignment of Contractors with all interfacing parties
- Ensure that Contractors promptly develop interface agreements per the NEWest Alliance procedures & further identify interfaces as required for the Project.
- To organize and regularly attend Contractor's interface coordination meetings and facilitate interaction, where applicable, across all NEWest Alliance groups, Contractor and Company
- Facilitate regular communication between Contractors to ensure interface execution and close out.
- Ensure Contractors produce and regularly maintain comprehensive Interface Data Registers of all identified interfaces and provide regular reporting metrics
- Acts as Coordinator for all Company functions where Company is named as an interfacing party
- Technically assess criticality of interfaces and issues associated with late or missing information.
- Identify interface performance issues and work with Project Engineers and Project Manager to facilitate resolution
- Work with Project Engineers to highlight and help resolve any associated contractual issues/potential change orders arising from interface issues
- Keeps the Design Manager and Project Manager informed of interface matters that could potentially jeopardize NEWest Alliance
- Maintain the Project's Central Interface Registers that summarizes critical Interface Agreements and provide reports
- Keeping up to date professionally about operational and leadership practices
- Managing the work performance of self and direct reports
- Developing alignment between team capability and project’s objectives
- Demonstrating on a daily basis personal behaviour that uphold NEWest Alliance values with a view to driving these values throughout the project
- A recognized degree in an engineering discipline with a preference toward Chartered Status
- Good understanding of Project Technical requirements
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated with excellent work organization skills
- Significant construction experience
- Previous experience on an owner's Project Management Team
- Previous experience in some or all of the following project areas: project management, engineering management, construction management, business/project controls
- Previous experience in interface management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer team
- Attractive, market competitive remuneration package
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
- Being part of an experienced and supportive communications team, training and mentorship and the chance to work on an iconic major infrastructure project.
- Work with a large team of supportive environmental professionals
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below or for further information email Kunjal.Shah2@downergroup.com
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.