Asphalt Production Manager - Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
About the role
As Plant Production Manager you will use your experience of asphalt manufacturing to ensure all production activities are undertaken in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner, and will provide management and leadership to the plant operational team.
This role is envisaged as a development position to provide succession for the right person into Regional Production Manager roles.
Other day-to-day activities will include:
- Plant Production: Ensure plant is operated and maintained to the highest standards to provide customers with high quality asphalt materials
- Planning and Direction: Effective participation in the Asphalt production team, contributing to business planning and development
- Outcome Management: Manage Production operations to ensure business plans and strategies are achieved
- Safety, Quality and Risk Management: Manage Production operations to achieve a superior level of safety performance
- People Management & Development: Manage, coach, and assist direct reports to achieve their targets and improve their competency
- Client Management : Represent Downer Production activity with good customer management practices
- Resource Management: Manage the allocation of people, plant, technology, and resources to achieve outcomes
- Zero Harm: Support, implement and adhere to H&S policies and procedures
Remuneration: Between $85 000 - $92 000 per annum + vehicle.
As an experienced asphalt manufacturing professional, you’ll bring your adaptable and flexible communication and negotiation skills with Plant Operators and Maintenance Staff, contractors, and major suppliers.
Experience and competence in Asphalt Production operations is essential
You’ll couple this with:
- Proven management experience with responsibility and accountability for staff, plant, and finances.
- Proven management experience.
- Proven track record in developing a culture that supports SQE management, encouraging and rewarding excellence.
- Competency in operating wheeled loaders
- Hold a tertiary qualification or equivalent in engineering, business management or a related field (relevant work experience may substitute the formal qualification.)
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of our world-class team, please put an application forward today by applying online at www.downercareers.co.nz, reference 597704.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.