Mechanical Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Due to continued growth Downer are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Project Manager to join our Facilities and Asset Services Business for upcoming projects in the resources sector. This role will be primarily based out of our Perth CBD office with occasional travel to site.
Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading high performing project teams to expertly delivery asset integrity management services during shutdown and maintenance projects.
We are interested in your experience managing multiple projects with a demonstrated track record of exceptional safety, financial and schedule performance.
You will be an accomplished safety leader, excellent communicator and have a strong customer focus, with experience leading projects during bid phase and transitioning to execute highly desirable.
- Previous experienced in the management and delivery of multi-discipline complex projects with a background in shutdowns and maintenance contracts
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Trade qualification or, relevant technical background and experience
- A proven ability to develop and maintain key internal and external relationships
- A proven track record of site management with safety, customer service and financial responsibilities
- A demonstrable commercial, contract and financial management skills combined with proven change and people management experience.
- An analytical ability to resolve commercial issues and an ability to minimise risks and maximise opportunities, is a must, as well as refined financial reporting skills.
- Previous experience on maintenance and shutdown projects in a similar role is a must!
- Strong HSEQ focus and leadership capability
- Detailed knowledge of Primavera (P6) or MS Projects covering Critical Path Management, Earned Value Management, advanced resource allocation, project baseline comparisons and project reporting
- A high level of business and commercial acumen with the ability to read, interrogate and interpret cash, cost, WIP and revenue project position with a sound understanding of production controls, procurement plans and programs
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive and dynamic team
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
For more information please contact Barry Richards – firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES