Traffic Services Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We’re searching for an outstanding, organised, customer focused Traffic Services Supervisor to join us in our Palmerston North team. This is an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level.
You’ll have oversight of all operational delivery of our Traffic Management and heavy transport team within the Manawatu region, including the management of key supply partners associated with these works.
Using your strong leadership and mentoring skills, you’ll provide our local team with guidance, support and ensure all work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers both externally and internally.
About the role
A key focus for you will be growing the team from the ground up and bringing them all together under one banner to ensure the delivery of profitable growth across all business in the area. This is a chance to make your mark with your growth mind set and ability to challenge the ‘status quo’.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Daily management of employees including recruitment, training and welfare
- Manage the allocation of plant, technology and resources to maximise utilisation and reduce costs.
- Promoting strong collaborative customer relationships with positive interactions and value adding activities
- Ensuring sound financial and business practices are applied to all Traffic Management and Road marking services
You will draw on your collaborative approach to working within and across multi-functional teams from different parts of the business to ensure the regional success.
As an experienced leader, you’ll bring with you the following:
- A proven track record in developing a culture that supports Zero Harm, encouraging and rewarding excellence
- The ability to deal with unexpected events/make decisions and provide direction to work teams
- Organized and systematic approach to working environment; strong planning skills
- Experienced working for both private and public sector clients
- Able to apply risk and assurance strategies to ensure that the business is sustainable and commercially robust
We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 597851 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.