Job Type: Part time
Our Traffic Management division, is one of New Zealand's leading Traffic Management Service Providers and we're on the lookout for an experienced Traffic Controllers/Traffic Management Operatives to join our growing traffic management team based in Wellington! You’ll be part of a leading organisation, with excellent career path and development opportunities.
Are you good with directions, signs and enjoy being outdoors? This could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Downer Traffic Management Operative (formerly known as a Traffic Controller), you will assist with Temporary Traffic Management under the direction of a Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS). Ultimately you will work to ensure the safety of your crew and the general public through clear and accurate direction of traffic. You will also:
- Help with sign and cone placement and pack down
- Assist with stop/go activity
- Driving duties
- Assist with general tasks to help your crew achieve project plans and targets
Ultimately, we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn and develop a career with Downer. Along with your outgoing attitude and commitment to safe workplace practices, you will have a Full NZ Drivers License, be physically fit, and confident communicating with the public. Its preferred that you’ll hold a Traffic Management Cert or Warrant but training is on offer for the right candidates.
This is your chance to join an industry leader experiencing huge growth across the region, and country! Downer is committed to supporting our people’s development whilst delivering exceptional results for our clients and communities. We’re proud to offer:
- A clear career pathway – our Traffic Management team are encouraged to upskill and move in to STMS opportunities
- Rewarding pay with the addition of penal rates
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including subsidised health insurance, retail discounts and much more!
- A supportive team environment where you’re trusted and given the tools to deliver and excel in your career.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 597895.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.