Job Type: Full time
About Downer Telecommunications:
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Electrician to join the Telecommunications team based in Christchurch. In the role, you will provide services including construction, maintenance and Fault diagnosis/rectification of all network equipment and installations.
Company vehicle is supplied. On call roster & overtime opportunities are available regularly.
It is essential that you are an experienced industry Electrician and can offer:
- Relevant Electrical Registration and current Practising License, or equivalent
- NZQA Level 4 or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience, high voltage desirable
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle. and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
Match your loyalty, excitement and passion for high quality service with ours and we will reward you with a competitive remuneration, extensive training and development to help you to enhance your skills, advance your career along with great employee benefits too!
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 597720 to apply.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.