Job Type: Full time
Te Kowhiringa | The Opportunity
As our Contract Manager you will be responsible for operations, delivering on contract requirements, managing client expectations, and ensuring that all targets (quality, safety, productivity, financial and commercial) are met of the Asphalt Paving business.
You will do this by leading a high performing Asphalt Paving team, focusing less on the technical aspects of their roles, and instead motivating and enabling them to perform at their very best.
This is a pivotal role within our region that entails a fair degree of planning, level-headed judgement, and most importantly, strong communication and relationship building. We take the hard work out of finding the best of the best people to do the work, your job will be to empower them as we grow our market share in this space. Your experience will be critical in supporting other opportunities.
Nga Pukenga Matua | Important Skills
We are looking for someone who has the capability to draw the best out of others, encouraging them to contribute and to identify personally with our group objective. You will be an eloquent communicator, simplifying the difficult and focused on solutions.
Technically, you will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Civil industry experience leading teams is essential to ensuring your success in this role, preferably around the Asphalt Paving space.
- A track record managing contracts or teams under performance / outcomes-based contracts is preferred
- You will have experience in project management, contract management, and or an engineering background
- You will be strategically and commercially focused with an innate problem-solving ability applying innovative solutions that maximise productivity, quality, and ROI
- A true people person, you build strong relationships with people from all walks of life
- A robust negotiator, you have experience in identifying new business opportunities and driving them to fruition
- A demonstrated champion of safety you contribute greatly in creating a zero-harm work environment
- You believe in achieving through others as it enables your success, the success of the organisation, and the success of others
- You are situationally aware, you see things that matter in terms of the work we do and prioritise these to ensure we get the best outcomes for our people, organisation, and our clients
- Comprehension of contract law is beneficial, but we can further develop you in this area
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki konei | Why you will enjoy working here
Working for a progressive and reliable organisation, not only will you be surrounded by a team of leading experts, you will enjoy flexible working as we take work-life balance so seriously we include it in your contract. You will be offered a competitive remuneration package, a vehicle package, and a relocation package if you are not Christchurch based.
We pride ourselves on our socially responsible, inclusive, and diverse culture, that includes a Zero Harm tolerance. You will receive ongoing mentoring, training, and development opportunities to ensure your knowledge and skills continue to be industry leading and your career opportunities limitless with an organisation the size of ours.
And because we are all about relationships creating success, we offer our people a comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners. You will receive extensive discounts and perks across a huge number of sought-after multinational brands, think: banking, gyms, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, and plenty more!
You will love being a part of the Downer family, come and see for yourself why we are the crème de la crème of employers as we continue to build our future! Literally. We build the bridges, cross over and join us!
Ko wai matou | Our Organisation
At Downer, our purpose is to create and sustain the modern environment. From our roads, to our rail, ports, and airports, our Transport Services business unit is responsible for keeping New Zealand moving.
We are big picture people, operating a under a model that pushes beyond the here and now. We design, build, and sustain the projects we work on, whilst also developing innovative solutions to the world’s leading issues around sustainability, where we are recognised as global leaders.
We remain at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Our people are experts in their fields, influencing and shaping our future. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us as we continue to engineer and construct a better tomorrow for generations to come.
Me pehea ki te tono | How to apply
If you are interested in the work that we are doing to make New Zealand better and want to take your career to the future with us, then we want to hear from you. Hit the Apply Now button to fill out an application form and upload your CV.
If you would like to learn more about us, the work that we are doing, and the difference we are making to the communities we work in then head to our website to find out more https://www.downergroup.com/case-studies
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.