Class 4 Driver / Labourer - Tauranga
Location: Bay Of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Here’s your chance to join the Tauranga Transport Services team where we take pride in taking on projects, big and small and delivering them to world class standards - every time!
As a Class 4 Driver Operator / Labourer for one of the largest infrastructure business’ in New Zealand, you will be involved in ongoing maintenance requiring you to pick up civil work and the operation of heavy machinery.
Why join Downer?
Take charge of this role and your machinery and we’ll reward you accordingly! This is a stable position, with a reliable employer. We can offer you:
- A competitive pay rate with uniform and PPE gear supplied
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of subsidised insurance, gym memberships, retail discounts and free counselling services etc.
- A supportive team environment where you’re trusted and given the tools to deliver and excel in your career.
- Coverage under the AWUNZ Greater Waikato / Bay of Plenty Collective Agreement entitling you to penal rates & more!
About the job:
Joining a solid team based out of our Tauranga depot, you will support the Western Bay of Plenty maintenance activity. You will tackle a range of civil tasks, primarily performing tasks such as minor pavement repairs, edge breaks, leveling and mills and fills. You will operate a range of plant including class 4 trucks, bobcats, rollers, plate compactors and concrete saws as well as working hands-on with tools.
This is a full time, permanent role guaranteeing 40 hours paid work per week. You will primarily operate over a Monday – Friday schedule, however occasional weekend, night shift and away shifts may be required.
With plenty of experience operating civil machinery under your belt, you will be confident operating both within a team and independently. You will be comfortable using machinery and hand tools to get the job done. You’ll bring with you:
- Experience operating a range of machines including trucks, rollers, plate compactor etc.
- Have a Class 1, 2 and 4 license with WTR endorsement and Roadranger gearbox experience
- A positive outlook, friendly attitude, and willingness to flex to the work as and where required
- Experience working with asphalt (preferable)
Come and join our team of 10,000!
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site people.downergroup.co.nz or apply & check out our other great opportunities at www.downergroup.co.nz reference #580084. If you want a little more info before you hit apply, drop in to your local depot or email RecruitmentAdvice@downer.co.nz.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.