BSC Payroll Team Leader
Job Type: Full time
Te Kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
This is the opportunity for a Payroll Team Leader to join our passionate and dedicated kapa in Wiri, Auckland. We are looking for a hardworking individual that possesses a unique blend of skills to understand payroll, and opportunities to benefit our payroll operations. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and lead the team of BSC Payroll Administrators
- Workload management of the team payroll portfolio
- Ensure time entry is in accordance with legislation, pay cycle requirements, applicable employment agreements, and company policy
- Query management, liaising with key stakeholders, e.g., Site Administrators, HR Partners and Finance Business Partners
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
This role requires someone with a high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy who is hands on and has the passion and ability to work in a high pressure and deadline driven environment.
- JDE/SAP or similar ERP as a user (2+ years – advantageous, not essential)
- Payroll and manual time entry experience (2+ years)
- People/ Team Management, workload management (2+ years)
- NZ Payroll/IR Legislation understanding
- Problem Solving Skills (using The BSC Way framework), awareness
The team is based from our Kerrs Road, Wiri office but we can offer hybrid work arrangements to help with that work-life balance.
We are looking forward to working with you collaboratively as part of the Auckland whanau and our wider Downer whanau!
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Overtime opportunities
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to https://people.downergroup.co.nz/ and enter reference number 597936 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.