Senior Engineer Electrical
Location: Brisbane, Maryborough
Job Type: Full time
Downer Rail and Transit Systems (RTS) is committed to providing the highest quality Rollingstock & Overhaul services for both the local QLD and greater Australian markets. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer due to an increase in workload.
About the role:
You will work in a team environment to produce the engineering specifications, reports, electrical calculations, design solutions and cost estimates. You will become a subject matter expert and be responsible for the development of reference designs for new electrical systems to integrate with baseline designs.
Your role will support and sometimes lead a number of activities throughout production, maintenance and commissioning phases.
This is a permanent, full-time role, based in Maryborough, QLD
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant degree
- NER & RPEQ accreditation highly desired
- 10 years’ experience in rollingstock design or power electronic design
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in a leadership position
- Experience in failure-reporting, fault finding and engineering change
- Ability to establish and maintain positive customer, supplier and internal relationships
- Knowledge of quality assurance and investigations
- Strong emphasis on innovation and best practice
- Articulate complex concepts to all levels of the business
- An analytical approach to root cause, cost-benefit, safety and risk
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer Group takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate and the environment.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Work with a Rollingstock industry leader
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm; safety is at the core of everything we do
- Fulltime employment – Regionally based on the Fraser Coast or Brisbane
- Competitive remuneration and career development
If this sounds like your next exciting role with an ASX listed organisation, then we would love to hear from you! Click APPLY NOW or for further information please email: email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. We strongly encourage Females and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peo