Job Type: Full time
Confluence Water, the Ventia, Downer and Jacobs joint venture, is one of three regional delivery consortia providing services under Sydney Water's Partnering for Success program. Confluence Water delivers design, construction, maintenance and facilities management services in Sydney Water's North region, which stretches from Sydney Harbour to the Hawkesbury River and includes the Hills Shire.
We are seeking to appoint a Construction Superintendent with Mechanical expertise to join our Project Team at the Sydney Water North Head Treatment Plant. This role will see you taking responsibility for a large program of works at the site, supervising a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of employees and subcontractors as we build, upgrade, and maintain Water Treatment Sites.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Actively promote and lead zero harm while delivering projects on time and cost effectively
- Commitment and ability to lead & implement quality and environmental compliance
- Demonstrated competent and confident leadership in a demanding construction environment
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in the construction industry. Exposure and experience with the water industry would be advantageous.
- Relevant trade qualification.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to develop effective teams.
- Identify issues that may cause project delays and implement corrective measures (in consultation with the Project Manager)
- Planning of works on site and overseeing the plant and equipment, labour, materials, and other resources
- Develop relationships with key resources across the two organisaitons to deliver safe, environmentally sensitive projects while promoting an inclusive and positive workplace.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Personalised career growth working with an industry leader
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Opportunity to work within a secure long-term leading JV project
- Safety focused culture working within in an essential service industry
- Career enhancing opportunity to work within an ASX limited company.
As an employer who acknowledges and embraces the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures, we encourage applications from women and men of all ages and backgrounds join our inclusive workforce.
For more information, please contact Samantha Littlefield, Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner on Samantha.Littlefield@downergroup.com.
Applications will not be accepted via email, please submit your application via the online advertisement.