OSM Maintenance Service Person - Facilities
Job Type: Full time
Downer Open Space Management have an enviable record of delivery to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our team are professional, focused on delivery of best practice Greenspace services to our clients and the members of the public.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Maintenance Serviceperson – Facilities to join our highly successful team in Oamaru.
About the role:
You will responsible for the open space and facilities maintenance and project activities within the Greenspace department in accordance with Downer policies and client specifications, including undertaking training as required.
Tasks include but not limited to facilities cleaning, refuse collection, weed-eating, mowing, spraying assisting with turf maintenance, and such other duties that are necessary to fulfil Downers commitments to its customers.
A bit about you:
Ideally, you will have the following:
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Growsafe is desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proactive approach and a sense of urgency
- Experience in working with the public
- Class 1 Driver’s License, HT licence and WTR an advantage
What’s on offer:
- A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills
- We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture
- Fully subsidised Marram Community Trust membership
- Free 24/7 access for you and your immediate family to mental health & counselling services
- We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry
- A competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 597690 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.