Job Type: Full time
A new name, a bright pathway ahead
Part of Downer Group, our newly formed Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services (SI&CS ) business unit brings amazing capability to the people of Australia and New Zealand and what matters most to them. We run hospitals, manage client data centres, maintain many social infrastructure, and we are a trusted advisor and partner to our New Zealand and Australian Defence Forces. Arguably no other business better embodies our purpose; enabling communities to thrive.
Join us on the journey
We currently have an opportunity for a Tender Process and Governance Manager to join our team. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, vendors, and stakeholders to streamline procurement processes, maintain transparency, and drive efficiency.
We engage with over 3000 service delivery partners including many SMEs in enabling communities to thrive. The performance of our service delivery partners and the management of our end-to-end procurement process is critical to our and our clients’ success. The key objective of this role is to Collaborate with vendors to drive continuous improvement in quality, service, and delivery.
What you’ll do
The role has a broad remit, with key responsibilities outlined below:
- Lead the end-to-end tendering process, from identifying procurement needs to contract award and closure where you will develop and implement strategies to mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define tender requirements, scope, and evaluation criteria.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify potential suppliers and assess market trends.
- Oversee the evaluation of bids and proposals, ensuring fairness, objectivity, and compliance.
- Establish and maintain a robust governance framework for procurement activities.
- Conduct regular audits and reviews to assess compliance and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor and manage supplier performance and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Provide strategic guidance and expert advice to the business to enable best practice governance models and delivery of strategic objectives.
- Align governance and assurance activities and procedures to governing legislation and frameworks.
- Standardise various governance and assurance performance reports.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualified in a Business/Commercial related degree.
- Proven experience in procurement and tender management, preferably in government.
- Strong knowledge of procurement regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Detail orientated, resilient and self-motivated.
More than anything, you’ll have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a drive to provide high quality outcomes for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit and our clients.
Why work for us?
Working for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit means being part of something new and exciting. With a bright future ahead of us, you find purpose here and have the opportunity to directly impact and contribute positively to our future. You’ll also find a range of benefits available such as:
- Training and development to support your career.
- Internal career opportunities across the Downer Group business
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.