Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Our Exciting Opportunity
The role of the Access Services Technology Manager, Australia is to lead the tech support team in Australia in the support of a technology platform that includes both standard technologies such as Windows Desktops and Servers, but also specific systems used for Access Services production.
In this role, you would:
Technical vision and design
- Contribute to Access Services technology vision, suggesting innovative approaches to promote growth and saving opportunities, mitigate risk and reduce threats
- Contribute to the provision of detailed solutions to operational or client requirements, and towards roadmaps for product ranges in conjunction with core teams.
- Work with the Global Access Services Tech Lead, Global Project Lead and Head of Technology Delivery to help cost proposals, plan projects, and scope initiatives
- Ensure that all local support resources are aligned to the agreed approaches, and raise where design / implementation deviates from the intended architecture
Communicating the technical vision of Access Services
- To assist with the detailed articulation of Access Services’ technical vision and roadmap to Access clients in Australia
- To maintain regular dialogue with key core Technology management team members to ensure that the Access Services technical vision is implemented as defined by the Head of Technology Delivery
Ensuring that all project stakeholders understand the detailed requirements of Access Services Support, and seek clarity from the Head of Technology Delivery and other senior stakeholders as required
Platform Support – Australia
- Manage the support team in Australia to ensure an appropriate level of support is maintained to ensure productivity is maximised and operational loss is minimised; owing to the small scale of the office it is encouraged that this role will be hands-on, and that the manager will take support calls. As this operation works extended hours it is encouraged that this role will participate in an on-call rota
- Seek out and implement proactive approaches to continuously improve platform support in the Paris office
- To work with the core Technology teams to own and manage Access Services’s technical risk, alongside the Head of Platforms and Solutions
- Identify risks, issues and dependencies for technical solutions, operating on the basis of continual improvement; escalate and manage these technical risks on behalf of the Australian operation
Daily Support and System Administration
- Work to ensure that all Incidents are addressed as rapidly as possible, and triaged according to possible business impact; ensure that the resolution time for each incident is kept to a minimum
- Maintain up-to-date Problem records (identifying recurrent issues and progress towards their proposed resolution)
- Ensure all configuration and asset tracking systems are up-to-date
- Proactively ensure systems are documented and technical documentation is provided to support teams.
- Ensure changes are managed through the corporate asset management and change management systems.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Responsible and accountable, able to lead the team and participate actively in the day-to-day work of the team
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- A strong appreciation of the types of risk that a live 24/7 multi-location operation faces
- Able to identify and articulate benefits of credible technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong inter-personal skills
- Confident in own ability and judgment, with drive, resilience and determination
- Sets high standards and demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a desire to achieve goals.
- Proven ability in understanding, meeting and managing business needs and expectations
- Appreciates and understands commercial implications of technology decisions and approaches
- Passionate about the innovative application of technology to real world problems
- Some understanding and appreciation of a formalized service management approach (ITIL for example)
- Demonstrable experience of systems design, ongoing maintenance and fault finding in a sophisticated operational environment, dealing with a variety of interdependent business critical systems across multiple organisations.
- Demonstrable experience maintaining Windows server based systems.
- Demonstrable experience of administering VMWare (ESX) and virtualised hosts.
- Experience working with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Extensive experience with internet protocols, standards, technologies and applications
- Experience maintaining application software running on Windows 10 workstations
- Experience communicating sophisticated technical information to a variety of audiences
- Practical appreciation of the application of IT technology within a high availability service delivery operation
- Practical appreciation of working in a 24*7 business.
- Previous experience in a support or customer-facing role
You may also have :
- Degree-level qualification
- Demonstrable experience working in Broadcast or Media industries
- Access Services Technologies
- Professional audio or video – analogue and digital
- Demonstrable experience of administering and monitoring Java based architectures.
- Experience working with MySQL databases
- Demonstrable experience of TCP/IP based networks
- Experience of Linux and windows deployment systems
- Practical knowledge of relevant standards and technologies
Practical knowledge of information security approaches
Experience with product development of bespoke, in-house, applications
Publication of internal and client-facing documentation
Previous professional experience as a leader on technical projects
Why join Red Bee?
At Red Bee you will join an international team, collaborating to deliver outstanding media experiences through forward-thinking solutions and services. You will work with colleagues who share a passion for media and clear sense of integrity in the workplace. In your day to day, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most innovative media companies in the world, using leading media technologies and systems to deliver our services. Here you can bring your unique talents, skills and perspectives to the table and collaborate in an openminded and inclusive environment.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.