Site Engineer Trainee
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Our Exciting Opportunity :
Ericsson Construction is growing! We are looking for Trainee Site Engineers to join our national team. You’ll have the opportunity to travel frequently, installing configuring and testing state-of-the-art equipment and learning from experienced technicians and riggers as you build, integrate and upgrade sites for some of the biggest names in Australian telecommunications.
We’ll support your learning and development and set you up for success by providing:
- Interesting and challenging work in a safe and positive team culture
- Highly structured on-the-job learning with a dedicated team lead
- Nationally recognised qualification (ICT30519 Certificate 3 in Telecommunications Technology)
- Industry training, licenses and certifications
- Regular development check-ins and opportunities to discover your strengths, interests and potential career directions
- All your uniform, personal protective equipment (PPE) and tools.
This paid traineeship is offered as a two-year fixed-term contract. At the end of your traineeship, you’ll be considered for full-time employment with Ericsson.
In this role, you would:
Kicking off in early 2023, our trainee program comprises a blend of practical hands-on experience and formal learning, all delivered in a friendly, dynamic, high-performing team environment.
Our traineeship prepares you for two telecommunications field services roles: Technician and Rigger (or as we like to say, ‘Trigger’!)
- As a rigger, you’ll safely lift, install, connect and remove communications equipment (e.g. antennas and radio units), cables and steelwork at height. To succeed in this part of the role you’ll need to be physically fit, a hands-on problem solver, and comfortable working at heights of up to 60 metres above the ground.
- As a tech, you’ll install, configure, test and troubleshoot radio and transmission networks, power systems and site alarms to ensure each site is fully integrated and working as designed. To succeed in this part of the role you’ll need the technical capability, an interest in technology, great attention to detail and a logical and structured approach to problem-solving.
You’ll also learn the quality and HSE aspects of fieldwork, confirming that all works meet Ericsson and customer quality standards; ensuring completion and submission of site records, acceptance documentation and photo packs; and implementing and complying at all times with site safety procedures and protocols.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Year 12 certificate; TAFE or other certificates in electronics, IT or networking are an advantage
- Driver’s license, as this role requires frequent travel
- A clean police record (you’ll be required to pass state and national police checks).
- Flexible with regards to working hours (days, nights and weekends); you’re OK to work away from home for 1-2 weeks at a time
- Physically fit and active, able to pass a Fit to Climb medical assessment, and capable of working at heights up to 60 meters
- Strong IT and computer skills, but you enjoy practical hands-on work as well
- Friendly and outgoing, a positive communicator, works well in a team and has a fantastic work ethic
- Loads of initiative, able to manage yourself, self-organised and can work independently.
Why Join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What Happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability please reach out to Contact us.
We are proud to announce at Ericsson Australia, our employees have once again voted us as a Great Place to Work® and we have been officially Certified™ in 2022. Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture and this Certification acknowledges our employees value their employee experience and our workplace culture.
Ericsson Australia Employee Benefits
- Wellness: Ericsson Australia offers a variety of programs crafted to support your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Paid Time Off: We encourage all employees to switch off to recuperate and recharge through paid time off.
- Work Conditions: Looking to find better work / life balance? Speak to us about flexible work arrangements**
- Employee Discounts: We offer employees access to discounted health insurance, groceries and entertainment through our partner providers.
- Employee Development: Working at Ericsson gives you access to Degreed, an integrated learning platform where you can learn, upskill, develop and measure your skills.
- Awards: Ericsson values dedication, and we regularly recognize employee commitment through award programs i.e. service awards and peer recognition