AS Tech AUS Support Engineer
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Red Bee was born in media and for the past 15+ years we have made significant contributions to the development of the global media industry, empowering the world’s strongest media brands, broadcasters and content owners to instantly connect with audiences anywhere at any-time. Our partners include BBC, Channel 4, ITV, Canal+, ExtremeE, TV5MONDE and many others.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees improve their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
The role of the Australian Broadcast Systems Engineer is to support the AUS operations and its homeworkers teams with opportunities to support other Access Services sites in Spain, France, the Netherlands and the USA.
This role will report to the Global AS Tech Lead.
In this role, you would:
Lead technology support within English Languages sites (UK, Australia, US and Spain); this will require hands-on day-to-day involvement in support tasks
- Ensure the internal / external support and delivery of services meet the required Service and Operational Level Agreements
- Support the Global Access Services Tech Lead with the development of the technical vision of department
- Lead on technical communication with customers and stakeholders within the business
- Coordinate with local third-party providers of technology solutions
- Assess and distribute Desktop software used for Access Services production
- Coordinating with the global Platform and Infrastructure teams on Infrastructure Roadmap and ensuring it aligns with business requirements and goals
- Working with third-party providers to keep the networks running efficiently
- Assessing and purchasing new and replacement hardware
- Testing, fixing and adjusting information systems to operate optimally
- Build professional relationships with Access Services’ staff, internal engineering teams and client engineering teams.
- Prioritise and triage workload according to operational criticality
- Work calmly when in pressurised situations
- Understand and work within the requirements of all customer SLAs
- Work as part of a team on an agreed rota, (early mornings, late nights, weekends and public holidays)
- To communicate optimally, ensuring the operation and key stakeholders are advised of any ongoing issues and their resolution
- To work to continually improve service levels
- When appropriate, to take on-call responsibilities supporting the Access Services operation
As our ideal candidate, you have:
Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and experience providing support in a Microsoft Windows based environment
- A good grasp of TCP/IP Networking
- Experience of providing remote support
- Previous use of formalised knowledge management systems and best processes
- Ability to deploy and fix audio/video equipment
- Comprehension of the challenges of working in a live broadcast media environment
- Ability to organise/prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Tight-knit collaboration skills
- Quick to understand the Access Service technology/environment and workflows used to enable efficient support of the operation
- Ability to quickly become familiar with the Access Services business
- Ability to understand and follow Red Bee Media defined organisational change processes
You may also have :
Working knowledge of French or Spanish, to a basic level, would be advantageous
- Knowledge UNIX / Linux Operating Systems
- An understanding of different database technologies
- Familiarity with AWS cloud hosted services
Why join Red Bee?
At Red Bee you will join an international team, collaborating to deliver outstanding media experiences through forward-thinking solutions and services. You will work with colleagues who share a passion for media and clear sense of integrity in the workplace. In your day to day, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most innovative media companies in the world, using leading media technologies and systems to deliver our services. Here you can bring your unique talents, skills and perspectives to the table and collaborate in an openminded and inclusive environment.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability please reach out to Contact us.
We are proud to announce at Ericsson Australia, our employees have once again voted us as a Great Place to Work® and we have been officially Certified™ in 2022. Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture and this Certification acknowledges our employees value their employee experience and our workplace culture.
Ericsson Australia Employee Benefits
- Wellness: Ericsson Australia offers a variety of programs crafted to support your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Paid Time Off: We encourage all employees to switch off to recuperate and recharge through paid time off.
- Work Conditions: Looking to find better work / life balance? Speak to us about flexible work arrangements**
- Employee Discounts: We offer employees access to discounted health insurance, groceries and entertainment through our partner providers.
- Employee Development: Working at Ericsson gives you access to Degreed, an integrated learning platform where you can learn, upskill, develop and measure your skills.
- Awards: Ericsson values dedication, and we regularly recognize employee commitment through award programs i.e. service awards and peer recognition