Oceania Payroll Consultant
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for an Oceania Payroll Consultant to join our Core Business Services team. The internal rank for this role is Senior Associate.
In this position you will lead all client experience programs across the firm. You will help to develop our global brand, collaborating with leaders and peers across the organisation by working with the marketing and leadership teams to develop and implement integrated marketing experience programs that build brand, reputation and relationships.
This position is within the Oceania Finance Payroll team and will focus on working with the payroll outsource provider for EY, ADP and EY CBS Finance. This position will focus on processing the payroll, as well as involvement in broader firm initiatives and requests as required. This role will support the Australian payroll.
This position is permanent full-time, and you can be based in any one of our offices in Australia or New Zealand.
Your key responsibilities
- A solid understanding of Australian payroll legislative requirements is essential, including keeping up to date with any legislative changes
- A solid understanding of New Zealand payroll legislative requirements is highly regarded
- Processing high volume monthly and off-cycle pay runs
- Sound understanding of Single touch payroll (STP) operations
- Create functional and insightful reports using our SAP based report writer
- Provide high quality customer service for all payroll queries in a timely manner
- Clear understanding of all Australian regulatory payments (e.g. Superannuation, PAYG)
- Administration and processing of employee benefits (e.g. Salary sacrifice, Superannuation and Parental Leave)
- Investigate and solve leave reconciliations queries
- Recommend areas for continuous improvement and provide resolutions that enhance responsive, accurate and well controlled service delivery. Work with the respective stakeholders to implement new and improved processes
- Partner with Core HR and Finance to deliver on key priorities and employee queries
- Assist with month end and end of year processes as required
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for this role, you should have
- 3-5 years AUS and NZ payroll processing, end to end payroll experience in an autonomous role
- High volume/complex payroll
- Experience with EBA’s, Awards
- Sound knowledge of all Australian payroll legislation including leave entitlements, PAYG, Superannuation and payroll tax
- Experience with New Zealand payroll processing and legislation including leave entitlements, IRD, Kiwi Saver
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables and v-lookup functions
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences, and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests, and the broader public.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.