Manager - IFRS - Professional Practice team - NZ
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager within our IFRS | Professional Practice team located in New Zealand. This is a permanent, full-time role and can be based in any of our NZ office locations.
The EY IFRS Professional Practice is a trusted, respected and influential team that supports clients in addressing the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business.
You will work within a team of IFRS specialists to provide responsive accounting and financial reporting support to our Audit teams, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services teams and other service lines within EY.
The role will suit individuals with previous IFRS specialist experience as well as those with an interest in developing their IFRS skills further. You will gain ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
Your key responsibilities
- Participating in technical accounting consultations and providing technical support to Audit teams
- Performing pre-issuance technical reviews on listed entity financial statements
- Supporting the technical learning and development of the Audit Practice through the preparation and delivery of technical updates, publications and training materials
- Actively participating in accounting standard subject matter group(s)
- Building strong relationships both internally and externally, including building your profile with professional bodies and organisations
- Engaging directly with EY clients in the provision of technical accounting services
- Supporting the EY brand in the marketplace through providing exceptional client service
- Developing our people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Playing an active operational role within our team
You should have a knowledge of NZ IFRS, and ideally a working knowledge of Public Sector Entity (“PBE”) Accounting Standards and financial reporting matters under New Zealand legislation. Preferences will be made for those having experiences that demonstrate commercial acumen in analysing accounting issues and providing solutions.
The unique features of being in such a dynamic team are that you will be provided plenty of opportunity to:
- Provide commercially minded solutions to problems based on your technical knowledge
- Showcase your skills by working on various types of transactions
- Expand your technical and commercial expertise on all topics
- Work on challenging assignments with a diverse base of clients to enhance your experiences
- Network within your field to become a sought-after advisor
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A degree in accounting and/or appropriate academic major and a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Experience in analysing complex accounting issues and providing solutions in accordance with the relevant accounting standards and legislation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to communicate your view
- Ability to succinctly present on a technical topic and articulate the issue and impact for our clients
- Ability to be flexible when required and to work collaboratively to meet required deadlines
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 64 9 300 7044 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.