Associates and Senior Associates - Audit - Assurance
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are actively recruiting Audit professionals to join our teams across all EY office locations in Australia. Our Audit opportunities are offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Audit is an exciting profession and industry to be part of right now. At EY you will work alongside the data transformation team to create new custom audit solutions which are at the forefront of innovation in digitalising and automating most stages of an audit, leaving time to genuinely engage, consult and connect with our clients and teams.
ASIC's latest inspection of EY audits for FY21 concluded that EY maintained its market leading position in audit quality in Australia. This reflects our continued investment in sustainable audit quality improvement initiatives and our global investment in industry leading technology and data analytic tools.
At EY you will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us. You can expect leading-edge learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations.
Your key responsibilities
- Effectively managing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters, including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing advice and professionalism throughout transactions, including identification of areas for improvement in clients’ business processes
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance, coaching and mentoring more junior team members and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experience delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- A track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach
- A relevant degree and progress towards/completion of CA or any CA ANZ affiliated qualification
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. The salary range is AUD 64,900 to AUD 100,500 including 10% superannuation dependent on skills, experience and work location.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.