Senior Associate - IT & Digital - Assurance
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our Oceania Digital Assurance team. Our Auditor opportunities are offered on a flexible full-time basis. You will work with Audit teams to help our clients meet their financial reporting requirements by delivering IT audit services, enhancing our Digital Assurance capabilities and providing meaningful insights into technology risk matters. You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills in emerging technology by working with our leading-edge Digital team, supporting projects in emerging technologies from Cyber, Blockchain, AI to Data Analytics. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge, and exciting learning opportunities to build your career, and the chance to make a real impact.
Your key responsibilities
- As part of the Digital Assurance team, deliver IT-related audit procedures for the audits of financial statements for small- to mid-sized companies and other organisations. Collaborate with Assurance professionals to design and deliver high quality, integrated, repeatable, efficient IT audit services.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of IT application controls, IT general controls and system-generated reports across a range of client industries and technology platforms. Consistently apply EY’s Global Audit Methodology and professional standards to deliver high-quality IT audit services.
- Assist in building the IT audit capability in Oceania Core Assurance to support the efficient and consistent IT audit service delivery, identify IT controls and help Assurance professionals plan responsive audit strategies.
- Working with our Digital Assurance Specialists, support the delivery of technology assurance services including Cybersecurity assessments and other emerging technologies, such as Blockchain and AI.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven experience as an Auditor delivering IT audit and/or technology risk engagements
- Experience in IT risk and controls, data analytics and common ERP systems
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication, project management, and teaming skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of professional qualifications, such as CISA.
- Experience in the assessment and implementation of IT standards and certifications, such as SOC, COBIT, ISO2700x
- An understanding of Cybersecurity risks, controls and frameworks
- An appreciation of technology risk considerations for emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.