Senior Consultants - Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The opportunity - Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Auckland and Wellington
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our FAAS Practice partners with clients on commercially sound, practical and technical compliant accounting solutions; reliable financial statements; and financial processes to underpin their current business activities and inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting complex data to extract relevant insights to manage business risks and capture strategic opportunities — our clients look to us for advice and services they can trust.
As a Senior Consultant you will combine your commercial experience and regulatory knowledge, with your capability in financial accounting to contribute to outcomes related to new policies, business cases and capital infrastructure projects; financial reporting; finance process improvement, budgeting, costing, major transactions and financial due diligence both domestically and internationally.
Your key responsibilities
- Planning, managing, and participating in various engagements
- Preparing high quality deliverables tailored to client needs
- Overseeing workstreams, small engagements and reviewing work performed
- Developing an understanding of client’s industry sectors, recognising key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Developing client insights, recommendations and/or options through automation, digitisation, and improvement of financial processes.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Project management skills with a proven ability to execute under pressure
- Enthusiasm and the ability to build strong client relationships and cross-service line networks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail combined with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a thirst for learning
- Ambition, be a self-starter, open-minded, coachable and self-aware
- CA or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A degree in accounting and/or another appropriate academic major
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS/AASB)
- Experience working in a finance team
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests, and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the salary for an experienced Senior Consultant starts at $82,500 including superannuation and is dependent on skills, experience and work location.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.