Managers and Senior Managers - FAAS - Defence and Government
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients need commercially sound, practical and technical compliant accounting solutions; reliable financial statements; timely, reliable and insightful information; and efficient and effective processes to underpin their current business activities and inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting complex data to extract relevant insights to more efficiently manage business risks and capture strategic opportunities — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust.
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) Practice partners with C-Suite Executives such as Chief Finance Officers, Chief Information Officers and their teams to create long-term value, trust and confidence within their organisations. Combining commercial experience, deep sector and regulatory knowledge, together with expertise in financial and management accounting, and finance function efficiency and effectiveness, our Managers and Senior Managers drive outcomes related to financial reporting, finance process improvement, budgeting, costing, major transactions and financial due diligence both domestically and internationally. Our aim is to have an engaged, highly capable, healthy team, performing meaningful work in a sustainable practice.
We are looking for Managers and Senior Managers to join our Defence and Government sector team. Our teams work locally and nationally. This role is offered on a full-time basis but if you need flexibility, we’re able to explore an alternate arrangement for the right person.
This role could see you leading:
- Financial, regulatory and business reporting
- Budget development and estimate preparation
- Financial and cost accounting advice on new policies, business cases and major capital infrastructure projects
- Financial sustainability assessments
- Outcome and performance reporting frameworks
- Finance function set-up and process effectiveness
- Control assessments, remediation and frameworks
- Resource support and decision analysis
- Audit readiness
- Development and implementation of digital reporting tools
- Interpreting international accounting standards
- Financial data analytics
- Functional and efficiency reviews
Your key responsibilities
Working directly with a range of clients across various sectors, our Managers and Senior Managers are responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining long-term productive client relationships and networks
- Participating in overall practice strategy development and leading strategy execution
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of various engagements including 1000+ hour projects
- Proactively managing all aspects of the project including approach, stakeholder management, commercial engagement outcomes, resourcing, and risk management
- Establishing high performing teams and coaching and mentoring team members.
- Preparing and delivering proposals and realising business development plans through your strong professional networks
- Understand the client’s industry sector and recognise key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Build and leverage global networks to bring the best of EY’s experience and insights to our clients.
- Ensuring deliverables are high quality and tailored to client needs
- Contributing to the advancement of EY tools and methodologies that empower our people within their roles.
- Contribute to the development of professional literature and thought leadership that addresses contemporary accounting and finance matters in an insightful, practical context to our clients, teams and the accounting professional
Skills and attributes for success
- Self-starting, ambitious people who value diversity of thought, excellence in client service and a desire to build a career founded on purpose and team-work
- People with sharp attention to detail combined with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a thirst for knowledge and continuous learning and improvement
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 7 – 15 years’ relevant experience
- Australian security clearance, or ability to obtain one – please note, Australian citizenship is required to obtain an Australian Government security clearance. If you’ve maintained a security clearance in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom or New Zealand, the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency may also assess your case for a transfer of this clearance
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven ability to identify, develop and capture business opportunities
- Excellent leadership and project management skills with a proven ability to execute under pressure
- A strong ability to assemble and lead diverse teams in an inclusive manner
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CA or equivalent professional qualification.
- A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS/AASB)
- Experience working in a finance team
- A desire to build your digital skills
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about finance advisory and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests, and the broader public.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.