Senior Manager - FSO Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Sydney based Financial Services Office (FSO) FAAS team to support IFRS 17 implementation programs. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis. We are seeking a driven and ambitious Senior Manager to play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile engagements. In return for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
The FSO FAAS team provides accounting, risk, treasury and other advisory services to audit and non-audit clients, and supports other EY services lines (e.g. Assurance, Process Improvement and Transaction Advisory Services) in large multi-disciplinary projects. Services include:
- Accounting - interpretation, application and technical guidance on accounting standards (including implementing new accounting standards and first-time adoption).
- Treasury – transformation, process improvement (“PI”) and target operating model projects, system implementation, bank accounting restructuring, cash solutions, financial risk management and transaction support.
- Finance Technology Change – working with clients to implement world-class technology solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Finance and related functions.
- Assurance and diligence - various assurance and diligence based engagements undertaking deep-dives on specific aspects of organisations (e.g. credit and treasury).
- Other - specialist secondments, compliance and regulatory support, transactions support, finance PI and transformation
Your key responsibilities
Lead various engagements working directly with a wide range of clients across several industries to assess the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions or other regulatory changes; review financial and governance processes; solve complex accounting and treasury issues; provide treasury and risk management services and support strategic transformations.
- Lead IFRS 17 implementation projects end-to-end, including strategies, teams, budgets etc. and coaching and mentoring teams and other staff
- Leading client interactions and developing a network of your own relationships to drive market activity.
- Ability to independently execute engagements and work together in a team.
- Take ownership of, and prepare high quality client deliverables.
- Constantly develop your understanding of current market trends and processes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar qualification.
- 8+ years’ experience within Financial Services Professional Services.
- Demonstrated experience delivering IFRS 17 implementation engagements at Senior Manager level.
- Advanced business written and spoken English, including excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to execute under pressure.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- Experience in Finance, Risk or Treasury environment.
- Knowledge of current market issues in Australia.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.